This symptom checker is not offered as medical advice. Any reoccurring health problem should be checked out by your doctor.
You may be surprised to discover the following list can all be related or traced back to having wheat or gluten in your diet.
If you can answer yes to any one of these questions you will benefit from eliminating wheat, gluten or both. Oh and if you want to see just what wheat is doing to your body click here.
- Are you overweight?
- Do you have a large belly, especially in comparison to the rest of your body?
- Do you find it difficult to shift weight, no matter how little you eat or how often you exercise?
- Are you constantly hungry or think about food most of the day?
- Have you found yourself putting more weight on as the years roll by, without eating more?
- Do you have to starve yourself to stay or get slim?
- Is your energy always low, no matter how many hours sleep or rest you may get?
- Would you say you have chronic-fatigue?
- Do you get brain-fog or cloudy-thinking?
- Is exercise unenjoyable, a challenge or too much like hard-work?
- Is decision-making, especially career-wise, anxiety inducing?
- Is your mind often scattered?
- Does being moody, low or depressed seem to be the norm these days?
- Do you suffer with anxiety or panic attacks, if even from time to time?
- Do you regularly feel sad or apathetic?
- Are you often disappointed with others actions towards you?
- Is socialising a chore?
- Do you fake much of your friendliness towards others?
- Do you feel you need alcohol or other stimulants to get you through social events?
- Do you suffer with frequent colds, cold sores or low-immune-system related illnesses?
- Do any of your joints ache or feel tender, especially your back?
- Do you have digestive disturbances: constipation, diarrhoea, acid reflux, hyperacidity, bloating or gas?
- Have you been diagnosed with I.B.S. Crohns or other bowel disorders?
- Have you ever suffered with acne, psoriasis, eczema or other skin conditions?
- Do you get, or have you had, allergies or asthma?
- Do you feel or look older than you should?
- Have you or any of your family been diagnosed with diabetes?
- Have you had fertility or menstrual problems?
- Have you suffered from headaches or migraines, dizzy spells, clumsiness, forgetfulness or epilepsy?
- Is there history of illnesses in your family such as heart disease, cancer or dementia?
- Do you not feel as good as you know you should?
Being able to say yes to any one of the above questions is a good enough reason to try the ‘4 week elimination challenge’. It will certainly do you no harm but the benefits will astound you!
To find out why wheat makes us fat click here, to discover why wheat prematurely ages us click here and to learn how wheat makes us depressed and dependent click here
The following list, of autoimmune conditions, has been taken from the brilliant Dr William Davies’s blog, all of which can be attributed to having wheat, thereby gliadin, in the diet:
Antiphospholipid syndrome (APS)
Autoimmune aplastic anemia
Autoimmune inner ear disease (AIED)
Autoimmune thrombocytopenic purpura (ATP)
Autoimmune thyroid disease
Axonal & neuronal neuropathies
Cafe au lait
Chronic fatigue syndrome
Chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP)
Giant cell arteritis (temporal arteritis)
Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP)
Mixed connective tissue disease (MCTD)
Paraneoplastic cerebellar degeneration
Paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH)
Primary biliary cirrhosis
Primary sclerosing cholangitis
Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis
Reflex sympathetic dystrophy
Restless legs syndrome
Sperm & testicular autoimmunity
Type 1 diabetes